Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Comment away...

So the seed has once again been planted- shall I go brown?! Personally I have always preferred darker haired people. Mainly because I feel as though it balances an outfit better since I don't like bright colours. Generally meaning my wardrobe consist of pastel or earthy colors and black. It always bugs me when I have a nice outfit on that I've perfectly colour co-ordinated and then bam up top all white and blonde. I also turn green with envy every time I see some babe rocking red lippy better then me because she has wicked dark hair making it more classic then trash. BUT every time I get this little seed of thought stuck in my head I wimp out purely from flashbacks of when I did take the plunge. It wasn't planned, it wasn't pretty, it wasn't a good color or cut and its fair to say I looked like crap. And of course it took forever to get my blonde locks back! Not to mention the damage to my wallet and hair.

This time the thought comes from the pure expense of maintaing a nice blonde and the departure abroad of my best pal and the best hair dresser in the world Casey. This has left me with failed attempts at random hairdressers since. So after OBSESSING at work all afternoon and trying to take pictures with workmates hair hanging over my own head I decided to use a higher power to see what I should do = Facebook. And by the time I got home from work I was overwhelmed with yes yes yes from fellow friends. So the mission is on......brown or not?

Firstly- me. My hair is a tiny longer now. I have brown eyes and most of the year fair skin. Granted I'd need to keep tabs on my eyebrows!

The Options...

The beautiful Alexa Chung rocks the balayage 

Copper which I fell in love with on Ashlee Simpson 

A lighter brown on Ashley Tinsdale 

Dreamy dark brown on Nicole Richie which I'm quite sure I couldn't pull off but oh man I wish I could!

Another dreamy way too dark shot of the stunning Zooey Deschanel 

3 comments:

  1. I was looking(creepily staring) at someone the other day and thinking how blonde hair always looks good with certain stuff..and I love how blondes look with a red lip! grass is just always greeener! anyway I lovvvve this
    http://www.google.co.nz/imgres?imgurl=http://covetedcanvas.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/103120240.jpg&imgrefurl=http://covetedcanvas.wordpress.com/2011/01/07/celebrity-crush-jessica-biel/&usg=__37pfykAxMdCRGRGRvW0KwyAm3hM=&h=596&w=400&sz=63&hl=en&start=5&sig2=oet4WxbeECeU48OzyDyTHA&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=xoleBhKbhZEOhM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=91&prev=/search%3Fq%3Djessica%2Bbiel%2Bbalayage%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26tbm%3Disch&ei=bpoJToPtIIaY8QPWtNl7

    and always loved lauren conrads colour, but my hair wont allow it
    http://www.styletoday.nl/img/article/content/Lauren-Montag-knot.png

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you really want to do it, so why not? Even though you look super gorgeous as a blonde. Apart from the price of going back blonde. Why don't you try doing the light drown like Ashley Tinsdale? That way it wont take as long going back blonde if you don't end up liking it or better yet you may choose to go darker after =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHUNG CHUNG CHUNG and blondes do look better with red lips. Dam them!

    ReplyDelete