Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Tuesday fit for Kings

Last night i was lucky enough to head into the city and checkout Kings Of Leon live at Madison Square Garden in the heart of Manhattan with my darling sister who has come to stay for a few weeks. Today along with exhaustion, bruised and battered knees, little voice left to control the over enthused triplets and a cold from running home in the pouring rain in god knows what freezing temperatures i am feeling pretty stoked about the night. Their live performance musically was immaculate to the point where i wouldn't be able to guess if it was live or recorded, the atmosphere was electric (after a few drinks of course) and my favourite the camera work on the big screen had me captivated, i had to keep reminding myself to actually watch the stage instead of the vintage look crackling black and white live film with amazingly effective camera angles and focus points. The one little let down was their lack of excitement and stage presence. sure they played their instruments well but a little crowd interaction or movement would have made all the difference.

Silly me, for some unknown reason, didnt think to bring my camera (which i was kicking myself about the entire night) so heres a few photos courtesy of my sister nivonne.






No comments:

Post a Comment