Thursday, November 4, 2010

Birthday Girl

So yesterday was (in america) my 22nd birthday. i got treated with some special gifts from near and afar which i will share with you soon ( aka when i get myself sorted and take some pictures). But I have to admit the main thing I felt about the day was sadness that I wasn't in New Zealand celebrating it with all my wonderful friends and family.

Thankfully my substitute american family pulled me out of my snugly bed and pjs and out to dinner after a long day at work.
We tried out a new asian bristo down the Ave and at the end of the night all the staff and a few tables of people sung happy birthday to me as a "cake" was brought out ( much to my embarrassment). It was then I realized that has never happened to me before, at a restaurant for my birthday with the surprise cake and song- so maybe after all it was a special birthday in its own little way...




No comments:

Post a Comment