Thursday, June 17, 2010

Eat Pray Love

Today i joined the bandwagon and started reading Elizabeth Gilberts famous Eat Pray love. my good friend Mel actually recommended the book to me a while back, and although i dont remember why now i decided to ignore that good advice, but recently the urge to get some good reading research and inspiration back into my life is here and after seeing this book is about to hit the big screen i wanted to make sure i read it before i went to see it at the movies. i went down to the local library and got a card which was an exciting venture for me as it is, back home i became obsessed with buying books to collect and forgot how beautiful and amazing of a resource libraries are. i love books and stories. the physical thing, the idea of them, the pages, fonts and paper, the content- everything. and although i do love apple i hate this new (well new to me) thing they have brought out where you can read your books on an electronic devise. makes me sad that the electronic world is taking over so much of the good things in life. anyway i am only up to page 39 and i had to tear myself away to go make dinner (see dinner pictures below) and i am already feeling like i might need to betray my new library and buy this book so i can scribble and highlight all the points and techniques in her writing that i love. i have not read a book in a very long time that suits my writing style so much. the very conversational, messy, write as i think, confused, long winded way of telling her stories with little links here and there is very much my writing genre and its nice and educational for me to see how you actually get all that into a publishable form and in this case not just publishable but famous! it is very exciting to not only read and relate to her tales but learn and dream of my own working progress. so im sure i will keep you posted on how this story goes for me. i can be quite the critic when it comes novels...



In other life i am feeling very excited about tomorrow. we are taking the babies into the city to their heart doctor. this may be as good as time as any to tell you i work with three 12 month old triplets. they were very prem and so have little glitches that need monitoring here and there, their little hearts been one. i found out today that they were born with little holes in their hearts, which is not only a lot more common then i ever realized, but so adorable. that may sound like a very ignorant thing to say because it is actually a very sad and life threatening condition but these babies just light up your life and are so perfect and healthy now that i find it so poetic that they have real life holes in their hearts. then after our appointment in the city we are taking off for a road trip with the family to New Hampshire which i am getting very excited about going crazy with my camera for and getting some great pics to share with you! so my weekend is looking good- i hope your is too! x

1 comment:

  1. Have you finished eat pray love yet? I'm half way through its so good..

    ReplyDelete